Sunday, February 26, 2012

Today is Sunday Feb 26 2012, I have had Breast Cancer sense Jan of 09, I found out 2 weeks before Christmas that I have Metastatic Breast Cancer stage 4 Ha. They had told me I was in remission in July, Well now I fit in that category of the 10% whose Cancer comes back and is considered incurable. I finished 5 week's of Radiation to the Sternum and left clavicle area. 2 week's ago, my treatment includes Herceptin for Her2 Breast Cancer and Exgeva for strengthening the bones. I will be on these treatment's for the rest of my life... they are not traditional "Chemo" been there done that back in 09, might have to do it again, they still have side effect's everyone that is not doing these drug's "Poison" would like to tell you they don't make you sick, Well I do get sick every time., Don't ask me why but I believe everyone is different how there body is going to handle these meds. How do I feel about this at this stage of my life? I feel blessed. I am 50 I have 7 children, yes you heard that right 7, most of which are grown or on there own or married. I have 4 grand children, A Yours mine an ours kind of family. I have had the best years of my life just being a mother, wife and friend... I am a Mormon and belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saint's... I am blessed beyond measure and am thankful everyday of my life. This is my first posting for this blog it's Sunday and it's late almost midnight and I am not at all tired this has been going on for some time, gone are the day's that I could fall into bed and be asleep in what seemed like minute's, insomnia is not my friend, I asked Larry, he is my hubby and the love of my life just thinking about him brings tear's to my eye's. I am having a hard time typing now anyway I asked him to stay up while I compose this my first post. Is it a Journal? Well maybe. I can see his light still on in his office, he he Today was a good day I am feeling better the effect's of the Radiation are warring off the burns on my chest and clavicle are healing thanks to my Buff’s kid's giving me weekly aloe Vera plant's. I am starting to feel a little more like my old self. My Oncologist changed my treatments to once a month happy day, my next treatment is Thursday, I will miss the techs at the hospital who did the treatment's they made going and doing these treatment's bearable and there are my sweet and wonderful support group my dearest friend's with me at every treatment and there with me every step of the way I LOVE YOU. Thank you for always being there for me. It is late I will write more tomorrow ..

Hug’s Lisa J

No comments:

Post a Comment